Investment, Rates & Insurance
Why Invest in Therapy?
Therapy is one of the most important investments you will make in yourself. At Dragonfly Trauma Counseling Center, we have expertise in treating Trauma, Grief, and Spiritual Renewal. We understand the powerful impact that past traumatic experiences can have on our relationships with ourselves, others, and the world.
Dragonfly Trauma Counseling Center is exceptionally equipped in helping you reach your goals, as it offers the following strengths and qualifications:
1. Deep commitment to providing empathetic, Trauma-Informed Counseling and Trauma Therapy. I will work with you to create a plan that fits your unique needs and desires
2. Offers more than talk-therapy: sometimes, talk therapy isn’t enough. Our evidence-based Trauma Therapies include: Brainspotting, EMDR, Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness, and Somatic-Attachment Therapy.
3. Intensively Trained & Skilled in Grief & Bereavement Recovery: Focused, sensitive Grief and Bereavement Recovery that honors each person’s individual, unique healing process. Trained in the difference and intersection of Trauma and Grief. Recognize grief is a sacred journey
5. Certified & Trained in Mindfulness skills and exercises, including Somatic and Spiritual approaches, that help you tune into your physical experience to promote mind-body-spirit wellness in the context of trauma
6. Explores & cultivates post-traumatic growth in Spirituality
7. Confidentiality: No insurance companies will have access to your therapeutic relationships
8. Dragonfly believes wholeheartedly in transformation and healing — and, that trauma survivors deserve the chance to experience long-lasting healing and live as thrivers!
We are a self-pay, out-of-network provider; this means we have no contract with certain insurance providers. So we may not accept payments from your insurance plan. Please check with your insurer in advance about their polices for out-of-network reimbursement.
We DO accept the following two insurances: AETNA and UNITED HEALTH CARE UHC/UBH.
- 70-90 minute Comprehensive Assessment & Diagnostic Evaluation $300
- 45 minute Trauma-Informed Counseling $215
- 60 Minute Trauma Therapy $250
- 90 minute Trauma Therapy: $320
Dragonfly Trauma Counseling Center’s Psychological & Diagnostic Evaluations & Crisis Intervention for Court-Ordered Clients $400
Written Diagnostic Evaluations include:
- Psychological Screening, Interviewing, Clinical & Psychometric Testing & Assessments, Psychopharmacology considerations, Evaluation with Diagnostic Criteria, Crisis Counseling, Psychotherapy, including Psychoeducation and practical skills;
- Diagnostic and Dispositional recommendations for the Court; testimony if requested by the Court.
We offer a Financial Agreement Form to complete, along with a Credit card/debit card Authorization form on file. Payments are required at the time of your scheduled appointment prior to the time of services rendered.
Please ask about these options when you have your initial Complimentary 15 minute consultation.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 48 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
TRAUMA INTENSIVES are 60 minutes, or one hour sessions, and are offered at the rate of $250 per session and are offered in 3 hour blocks. See Special Offerings Tab for details.
Does My Insurance Cover Therapy at Dragonfly Trauma Counseling Center?
Dragonfly Trauma Counseling Center accepts two insurances: Aetna and UnitedHealthcare UHC/UBH
We are an out of network provider with a fully transparent fee structure so there are no surprises in billing. Dragonfly Trauma Counseling Center clients receive Good Faith estimates of length of treatment and costs. We also provide you with Good Faith estimates verbally upon request at any time.
How Does Payment Work?
I accept all major credit & debit cards as forms of payment. We will give you a Financial Agreement at the time you establish as our client.
What If I Can’t Afford Weekly Visits?
There are a few options if you are unable to afford weekly therapy sessions.
One option is to come in twice a month, or bi-weekly, for therapy. While the progress is a bit slower, you can still reap the benefits of Trauma Therapy.
A second option is to choose Trauma Intensives, which offer payment plans. You will need to inquire about all of these options at the time of your Complimentary 15 minute consultation.
You may also choose to see an in-network provider in order to reduce costs. If so, we recommend asking the following questions of your new provider:
What sort of training do you have in trauma therapy?
What is your professional history with somatic-based, brain-based trauma therapies?
What are your areas of specialty?
How many mental health sessions am I allowed?
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!